Saturday, March 31, 2012

Tracks and Shadows

 We have a second cemetery to the south of the village. It was a pretty day and necessary to get out as I was going bonkers....

What is always surprising is how cold it is on a beautiful sunny day.....the earlobes began to sting, the fingertips went numb, and the camera battery only died twice.

Anyway, on the way the tracks became numerous the closer I got to the willow and alder thicket.

 
  Sometimes when you just look out it's hard to know what direction to go.
 

 Ptarmigan tracks were everywhere, but I still have yet to see a live one.





 Ptarmigan and fox crossing paths.


  For the longest time I couldn't figure out what this was, then realized I was looking at either landings or take-offs of the ptarmigan. I started hunt for them, especially as the sun went further down and the shadows got longer.









 Cindy, fox and ptarmigan crossing. There were rabbit tracks too, just couldn't fit them in.








Ptarmigan expressway.




Someone changed their mind.


1 comment:

  1. Great Cindy,

    The light there is soooooooooo good in the evening and morning. Keep taking them while you can. You WILL see a Ptarmgan.. I remember John Andy took me out once in the sled and stopped the snogo and turned to me in the sled and said..."See 'em".? I did not and until he told me where to look I wouldn't have seen them. (there were about a dozen) Watch for the eyes! Keep 'em coming!

    ReplyDelete