Monday, March 26, 2012

Sunrise




  I tried to catch the sunrise over the winter using the edge of the generator building as a reference. In the summer the sunrise was way off the photo to the left. As the year progressed it moved slowly to the right across the horizon. Now, it is on the move across the photo heading back. I have more photos as I was collecting them over the year.....just can't figure out how to get to them, yet.

While in Toksook years ago, I had a classroom where the windows faced the horizon when the sun came up and eventually, for awhile, went down. We marked on the window to show the movement throughout the year.

Today was the first morning I felt like I was going to the school in the "light". Sunrise was 8:25 with a change of about 5 minutes from the day before.



No comments:

Post a Comment