Saturday, April 27, 2013

Out for a walk after Larry's funeral

  
We had Larry's funeral today and though he came from the outside, this was his home. The first hour was filled with stories and messages from his son, and close friends. He was well thought of in the community and all knew they could depend on him. I know I did. He came through several times with some of my students that needed a male role model. He would tell them life out here is hard, but you deal with what you have to, best you can, and then move on. Those boys are really going to miss him. I know I will. 

 It was a pretty day and the hoar-frost was very thick, all around. I went across the river looking for tracks. I found some, but also a group of fellow travelers.


fox
confused fox
aliens
aliens up close
ptarmigan
Sara Lee on the ice road.
cutie pie
 The drifts on the south side of the village were huge. Most people were going down on the flat river to go around them. The kids, though, were having a ball sliding down.
hoar-frost on net




                         These kiddos have an abandoned house that they like to play in the attic....

 Going down the river aways we came across a fox kill, pretty much only ptarmigan tail feathers left.

 Continuing down the river the overflow is getting deep. Spring is on its way....




2 comments:

  1. Thanks again, IT reminds me that it is still winter there. YOu have a good eye for beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice update - the light on these photos is pretty magic - and the skill of the photographer of course! That little pink cutie pie just made me melt - truly a gorgeous photo m'Dear! xoxo

    ReplyDelete