Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Some projects


Bruce set up shop as soon as he got into town. There was the tiny middle bedroom and he set up his tarp so the lathe wouldn't throw too much dust around. A box, small heater, paper filter, and some wire to hang it, became his air filter system. So far he has turned some deer antlers to make ink pens, took on a small round box project with a pull off lid, and has been lacing up his bentwood boxes looking into sinew for traditional materials. 

 First project for me to take on was a rug for the bathroom. I brought up rope, then found some that would work much better. The puppy found a warm spot by the heater so tough to see. It is made of 6ish inch strips of fabric double knot tied onto the rope, then from beneath sewed together in an oval shape. It's still not done and taking for-e-ver.
 First molokai of the season. Took apart my old beaver hat and made this one out of BettyAnne's wool, beaver on the earflaps and muskrat upfront. I braided ties out of the quiviut (musk ox wool) blend that Lois spun up. This is for Gwen if she wants it. I made a second out of died black rabbit, black sheep wool, and blue material for Lily, if she wants it.
 I wish I could say I knitted the booties, but no. I put on the beaver trim and beadwork for a sweet little one-year-old. Skin boots are usually referred to as mukluks. The Yu'pik word is palugak. Bruce suggested I start up a business....Baby Palugak (for all you Rafi fans...Baby Beluga...).

No comments:

Post a Comment